Hike Date: May 10, 2018
On getting to Mt. Mauyog via Eskina Manunggal
- From Ayala Terminal, take a v-hire to Balamban and drop at Eskina Manunggal = (1 hour and 30 mins) = P120
- From Eskina Maunggal, take a motorcycle to the foot of Mt. Mauyog = (25 mins) = P100/head
- Mt. Mauyog Fees:
Entrance Fee = P50
Guide Fee = P300/5 persons, available in the jump-off.
- There are stores in the jump-off.
- Ascend – descend will only take 2-3 horus depending on your pacing.
- Toilet rooms are available for a fee. No shower.
- If you will pass through Tabunan, you need to pay for their fee: P20 environmental fee + P300/guide fees plus when you arrive at Mt. Mauyog–you need to pay for another environmental fee and guide fee.
- Policies, rates & fees change.
- Leave no trace. Respect wildlife.
Where everyone hugged the tree.
The trail isn’t that difficult, but not that easy as well, so you really have to be careful.
To the first peak–
Mauyog’s Small Brain.
BINBIN’s FIRST HIKE! BINBIN’S MOTHER MOUNTAIN!
So we thought that—that completed our hike, when we were informed that there is still the Big Brain-
Trail to the Big Brain.
..Welcome back to the mountains, Al!
How hot is hot?
Haha, thank you, payong!
This is how the big brain looks like.
It’s almost 11:30 and it seems everyone is exhausted due to the heat of the sun——we decide to descend. While we were along our way to the jump-off, we decided to have our lunch at Baluarte ni Alfredo. It was easy to go down rather than going up. Most of us slipped along the way—-none were spared.