- Location: Brgy. Maloray, Dalaguete, Cebu
- Hike Date: November 19, 2017
- 6:00 AM – 9:00 AM ETA/D Cebu (South Bus Terminal)- Eskina Dalaguete =P120
- 9:15 AM – 10:00 AM ETD/A Eskina Dalaguete – Brgy Maloray =P150
- 10:00 AM – 12:30 NN Ascend to Kandungaw Peak
- 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM Lunch & PhotoOp
- 1:45 PM – 2:00 PM Descend/Ascend to the Cave
- 2:00 PM – 2:20 PM Ascend to Sunset Peak
- 2:20 PM – 2:30 PM Photo op at Sunet Peak
- 2:30 PM – 3:15 PM Descend to the Jump-off Point
- 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM ETD/A Brgy. Maloray – Mantalungon Market =P100
- 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM ETD/A Mantalungon Market to Cebu City =P100
- Environmental Fee 30
- Lunch, Water, iOn & Trail Foods 150
- Flashlight Rental 20/flashlight -You only need one, anyway. 🙂
- Guide Fee 450 / (7) 65
- TOTAL Expenses 735
- Bring your pack lunch.
- There are few stores at the jump-off but they do not serve lunch.
- The motorcycles from Eskina Dalaguete will be waiting for you all throughout the hike, that’s why they will ask you to pay P300. You can opt to do it one way though.
- For the side trip, you can visit the strawberry farm just few meters away from the jump-off point, or if you still have time, you can still go to Osmena Peak.
- Leave no trace. Respect wildlife.
The jump-off point is just beside the national road, easy, ayt?
Our local guide- not an optional. The coordinator will give you guide once you get there.
Stairway to the peak- Seriously, these steps are pretty difficult.
The most challenging part of the trail.
One of our favorite spots-
…because we’re almost there!!!
I’ll reach that flag—-
Whew! Finally, we’re at the peak!
Few meters below Kandungaw is a small cave where you can see these crystals-like stones that were formed through the ages… This is where your P20 for the flashlight goes. 😀
Few meters away is the Sunset Peak—– where you can see the Badian island as well as the chocolate hills like.
The Sunset Peak from Kandungaw’s POV- There’s a camp site on this peak.
Sunset Peak: Kandungaw Peak at the back.
…and Badian Island at the back.
The Lover’s Peak.
A fuller view of the Lover’s Peak from the Sunset’s Peak POV.
It was 2PM when we descended, we just decided not to go the the Lover’s Peak anymore as everyone seems to be exhausted because it was too hot and there was no shade along the way (haha, di sa arte, kapoy ra jud kay init kaayu! haha).
Time to go back to Cebu! Thank you, Brgy. Maloray.
Leave a Reply