I completed the survey on 04-08-2016, and by that time, I was already handling teams for almost 3 years and here’s the result that I’ve got.
My Domain Key
You Lead With Relationship Building CliftonStrengths themes: Those who lead through Relationship Building are the essential glue that holds a team together. Without these strengths on a team, in many cases, the group is simply a composite of individuals. In contrast, leaders with exceptional Relationship Building strength have the unique ability to create groups and organizations that are much greater than the sum of their parts.
And here’s my Top 5 Strengths that I guess were developed over the years that I’ve been leading a team.
1. Responsibility – People exceptionally talented in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
My previous role as a Quality Lead Assurance and a Shift Lead on my first project with Accenture, so I learned everything that I can to gain and earn the trust of my leads. Whatever I am involved in, I did it with accuracy and precision.
2. Positivity – People exceptionally talented in the Positivity theme have contagious enthusiasm. They are upbeat and can get others excited about what they are going to do.
As a lead, I need to be optimist no matter how pessimist people are on the project. This has been the most draining part of being a leader. You just can’t show your people that you almost reached your peak and to go with their negativities as this will trigger bad vibes in the office. No matter how the processes and changes went bad and very unfavorable to everyone, I was able to show my positivity to my team.. until such time, that I can’t do it anymore– but at least it was a graceful exit.
3. Adaptability – People exceptionally talented in the Adaptability theme prefer to go with the flow. They tend to be “now” people who take things as they come and discover the future one day at a time.
I have been with Accenture for 6.5 years now and I have been with four projects already. This theme helped me a lot to deal with the constant changes that happen in this industry from technology, processes to roles, to projects to locations. I also learned to love mobility were up until now, I’ve been longing to be part of that department.
4. Arranger – People exceptionally talented in the Arranger theme can organize, but they also have a flexibility that complements this ability. They like to determine how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity.
My favorite part of my strengths. Very straight forward. And this is what I love most about being in the support team as I had opportunities to help out with the activities and initiations in the project. I love the satisfaction that I got out of my experiences.
5. Context – People exceptionally talented in the Context theme enjoy thinking about the past. They understand the present by researching its history.
I felt like I was able to develop this theme because, for the past years, the Quality Assurance team doesn’t depend on the now-situations only, instead, it looks back on the events of the previous data.
Leave a Reply