Travel Date: 16-22MAY2018
Day 1: Arrival in Kota Kinabalu & Brunei Darussalam (approximately 75-80 MYR to Brunei Darussalam
8:00 AM Departure for Labuan
11:30 AM: Arrival in Labuan
1:30 PM: Departure for Serasa Ferry Terminal, Muara, Brunei
3:00 PM: Arrival at Serasa Ferry Terminal
4:00 PM: Arrival at Bandar Seri Begawan
Afternoon Itinerary in Brunei:
- Kampong Ayer or the Water Village (5 BND/person)
- Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque
- Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Complex
- Gadong Night Market ( we haven’t had the chance to visit the night market as it’s almost 25BND for the cab going to the location).
- Accommodation in Brunei: Joy’s Rest House= 15 Sgd/night/person = 45 BND for 3 persons (1700 PHP)
Day 2: Back to Kota Kinabalu (45 BND)
8:00 AM: Departure from Bandar Seri Begawan
4:00 PM: Arrival at Kota Kinabalu
Roam around Gaya Street Market
Day 3: Kota Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Spring
7:00 AM – 9:00 AM KK Terminal to Kota Kinabalu Park
Fare: 20 MYR
Entrance Fee= 15MYR
We brought a packed lunch from KK and took it inside the KK Park since we don’t want to pay a lot for lunch.
11:30 AM – 12:00 NN Kota Kinabalu Park to Poring Hot Spring
If you purchased a ticket for Kota Kinabalu Park, you don’t need to pay for another entrance fee in Poring Hot Spring.
Indoor Poring Hot Spring = 15 MYR for 1 hour
Roasted Wild Boar for Dinner at 25 MYR/Kilo
So we actually rented a car from Kota Kinabalu Park, Poring Hot Spring back to the city.
Day 4: Kota Kinabalu City Walking Tour
6:00 AM – 1:00 PM: Gaya Street Sunday Market (A great place to buy souvenirs and local foods. Spend your Sunday morning here.)
Kota Kinabalu Public Market
Kota Kinabalu City Mosque (10 MYR from Gaya Street)
Likas Bay Public Park (6 MYR to Gaya Street)
Roam around Gaya Street and the street markets
Day 5: The Finale
- Sabah State Mosque (Grab: 5 MYR from Gaya Street)
- Money Exchange: There are a lot of money changers at Centre Point Sabah
- Accommodation: KK Backpackers Inn through Airbnb = approximately 2700 Php for 3 nights
- Foods: A lot of food stall at Gaya Street, be sure to go there as early as you could. Foods run out at 6:30PM-7:00PM There’s also a food in front of the bay– you have a lot of options.