Written in December 2017
Wanna get a glimpse of four cities in Cebu Province? Head to TOPS!
On getting there:
- The cheapest is through Habal-habal = P100-P150 per person. The only concern here is your transportation back to Cebu—you can ask the driver to wait for you or take a risk to just look for another driver going back to the city.
- The trip is 25mins-30mins depending on the motorcycle’s speed.
- If you are with your family, it’s better to rent a van or haggle with the cabs.
- Entrance Fee: P100
- No corkage for food and beverages. You can even bring your picnic stuff without any fees.
What is the best time to go to tops? It depends on your preference. I tried to go there early morning, during the noontime and in the evening—the mood really varies. Yet here are few of the things that I have noticed..
Sunrise: You will see the beauty on how the sun breaks the skies.
Noon Time: It’s hot, but if you want to take a good picture, noon time is the best as you can get a vivid color and a clearer view of the city.
Sunset & Night Time: The sunset is not as majestic as the sunrise because it’s covered with Cebu’s mountain ranges. The only view that you can see is how the color of the skies change. If the sun sets totally, you’ll be able to see the city lights of Consolacion, Mandaue, Lapu-lapu and Talisay. The temperature usually drops at night, so be sure to bring a warmer.
Food shops, restaurants: There are few stalls in the area yet it’s pricey. Every time me and my friends will go to TOPS, we always bring foods and drinks to avoid buying in the area. Aside from foods, they also sell souvenirs. You can’t unnotice the dream catchers in the area. Currently, beside the lookout is also a new restaurant. I haven’t tried it there yet though.
You don’t really have a lot of activities in Tops unless you go there in groups where you can do a lot of things.
Weak mobile signal.
Lesser food options.
Where to go after TOPS? Along the way, you will be able to pass by to these spots (Except for the Taoist Temple).
- Skyline Garden Columbary
- Temple of Leah.
- Mountain View.
- There are also coffee shops along the way (Crate)
- And you may take your lunch at Captain A’s BBQ.