Tagaytay Hill & Udlom Peak
- Location: Toledo City, Cebu
- Max Elevation: NA
- Trail: The traditional trail – out and back trail
- Jump-off: Brgy. Casoy, General Climaco, Toledo City
- Hike Date: September 25, 2017
- Child-friendly: Yes,
- There are stores in the jump-off and there are stores in the middle of Tagytay Hill and Udlom Peak.
- No water source along the trail.
- 04:00 AM: Meet up at Cebu City South Bus Terminal
- 05:00 AM: ETD from Cebu City
- 07:00 AM: ETA TOLEDO CITY/breakfast/ride a tricycle that will take you to the jeepney bound for Casoy
- 8:00 AM: ETD Toledo City
- 09:00 AM: ETA Barangay Hall/meet the guide
- 09:10 AM: Depart from Barangay Hall
- 11:00 AM:Mt Tagaytay/
- 1:30 PM: Udlom Peak & Lunch
- 2:00 PM:New Bucao
- 02:30 PM: Start descend to Barangay Hall
- 03:30 PM: Take a jeepney to Toledo City
- 04:30 PM: ETA Toledo City Bus Terminal
- 04:40 PM: Hop on a bus ride to Cebu City
- 06:40 PM: Home Sweet Home
- Guide: Php*** (with lunch and snacks)
- South Bus Terminal to Sangi or Toledo City: Php65 NONAirCon / P85 AirCon / P100 v-hire.
- Toledo City/Eskina Sangi to Casoy (General Climaco): Php20
- Casoy to Sangi/Toledo City: Php20
- Toledo City/Sangi to South Bus Terminal: Php65 NONAirCon / P85 AirCon / P100 v-hire
WHAT TO BRING
On Saturday, September 25, 2017, together with Katkat Da Laag, we went to Toledo City to experience Mt. Tagaytay, Udlom Peak, and the Malubog Lake. It was one of the earliest meet-ups that happened since we were starting. 🙂 Glad we were able to leave the South bus Terminal at 5:00. We arrived in Toledo 6:20 AM and we had our breakfast at McDonalds.
After our breakfast, we went to the jeepney terminal going to Brgy. Casoy and waited until 7:30AM. We waited until the jeep was filled with the passengers.
For us to enjoy the scenery and breath the fresh air of Toledo, you have to be at the top.
We had our registration and met other friends at the Baranggay Hall. Had our names written and freshen up ourselves and of course our orientation and introducing ourselves.
@ General Climaco Branggay Hall.
Our first stop.
After a while, the lead and the sweep went on different ways——- but eventually we found out that us, the sweep, went ahead than the lead. Thanks to our beloved whistles that helped us find each other teams. So to everyone, always follow the guide.
A quick rest to enjoy the view.
And here’s how the trail looks like going to these summits. Most of it are open and exposed trail, so it’s better to bring an armsleeves or something that can protect your skin. It’s also a pasture, so we met a lot of cows along the way.
It isn’t that bad, right? 🙂
Here’s the first peak- Mt. Tagaytay. This is a pasture zone so we met a lot of cows along the way.
Seriously, this is something like your Windows XP default desktop background.
On our way to Udlom Peak, we found these beautiful sceneries:
Isn’t it fascinating? 🙂
Few meters away–for the Udlom Peak.
And this is our last peak, the Udlom Peak, where we spent our lunch and socials. Tagaytay Hill from afar.
Our last stop before dropping by at Dacuma’s Residence, the Mt. New Bocau, an overlooking spot of Malubog Lake.
Thanks to Ms. Beth Dacuma for the itinerary and for helping us making our way up to Udlom Peak.
Now, off to Cebu!